I love October. I love October for MANY reasons. The first of which is this is the month where I celebrate my anniversary. My husband and I were married on October 9 and I love to start the month celebrating another year of having a successful marriage. With the divorce rates what they are, that is something that NEEDS to be celebrated!
Another reason I love October is because it was October 31 of 2011 when I hit the HUGE milestone of losing 100 pounds. I always remember that Halloween of being so amazing!
I also love October because of fall. Cooler weather, pumpkin carving, leaves changing, bonfires, apple picking, and fall recipes like this Skinny Pumpkin Pie Latte:
Yes, you really should try that now that fall is here.
So, I just updated my September goals. As usual, there were a few fails and a few goals that I did OK on. But, at least I am making goals. Don’t forget, a goal not written down with a date is just a wish.
You MUST set goals and give yourself a deadline. That is why I like monthly goals. There is always a deadline!
Here are the goals I have decided on for October.
- Weigh In every week – There will always be an excuse NOT to weigh in. Take tomorrow for example. It is Monday and I would normally go weigh in at Weight Watchers on Monday. Tomorrow, I don’t have to go to work. Do I want to spend the gas to go all the way to my meeting (20 minutes south of where I live)? Maybe, maybe not. However, if I wasn’t doing so well, I would totally use this as an excuse NOT to go weigh in. Let’s not discuss the fact that there is a WW center 5 minutes from my house that I could go weigh in at any day of the week. So, this month, I am going to go every week. If for some reason I can’t go on Monday, I will go to the other center and weigh in. I don’t want this month’s tracker to look like this:
I don’t want it to look like this for many reasons (all those +’s) but I also don’t like all those “No weight entered.” Speaking of weight tracker…moving on to the next goal…
- Lose 5 pounds this month – After my crazy almost 8 pound loss last week, I know my body is going to adjust and I might have a little up/down happenin’. BUT…I should be able to crank out a five pound loss over the course of this month. That would make my total 177.8. I want to end this month back in the 170′s. My last weigh in will be on October 28. Five pounds in three weeks seems do-able as long as I do the next one…
- TRACK – I have done so well tracking the past 10 days and NOT eating any sweets/desserts. I want to continue this for the next four weeks. I want to track at least 6 days a week. 6 COMPLETE days. My tracker seems to stop mid-afternoon so I want to keep it going! 6 days a week…I can do it!
- Blog at least three times a week – I am finally getting into a school routine where I know what my weeks are going to be like. I should be able to check in with you at least three times a week. For the month of October, I will commit to giving you SOMETHING at least three days a week. You deserve it and I need to blog. It is a huge stress reliever for me. I love “talking” to you and sharing my thoughts, triumphs, and struggles. The posts might not be super long but they will be there.
- Start training for the Gobble Jog – My husband and I always do a 10k on Thanksgiving Day and if I don’t start at least jogging again, I won’t make it. We need to take some time at night to walk/jog together so we can get ready for this race. If I come up with a training plan, I will share it with you all. I am still doing Crossfit but not as much due to time limitations and when the gym is open. I do plan to go when I can. However, I can always get my butt out into the street so that is more do-able right now with my schedule!
There ya go! Small, attainable goals. I want to hear what your goals are for the month of October. Share them in the comments below. Ready, set, go!