Well…it’s that time of year. Christmas is over and we all start looking toward January 1. I think most Americans see the new year as a time to reflect on what changes they want to make that year and how they will do things differently. I also think for most Americans “lose weight” comes to mind in some form or fashion.
As you are beginning to start thinking of making “New Years Resolutions” or “Goals for the New Year“, I want you to sit down and make a list of WHY you want to lose weight.
This “list” can be as simple as 1,2,3 or as elaborate as a storyboard. If you are ultra crafty, you could go all out and get really fancy. I just think there is something about listing reasons, in whatever form or fashion, that really solidify WHY we want to lose weight.
I am thinking of being somewhat crafty (taking a big piece of paper and some markers) and somehow putting WHY I want to lose weight onto a board of some sorts. Then, I will take those “Whys” and turn them into an action plan to be successful! Does that make sense?
So, sometime today or tomorrow, let’s start this goal making process. Let’s start by listing out the “Whys.”
Here are a few of mine:
- To Fit comfortably in my jeans with NO muffin top.
- To reach Lifetime status with Weight Watchers so I can attend meetings for FREE!
- To keep my blood pressure and cholesterol in the “normal” range.
- To prove to the checkout lady at the doctor’s office that it IS possible to be in a healthy weight range!
- To FEEL good about my body.
- To prepare my body for a baby.
- To prove to everyone out there that hard work + determination = success!
Those are a few. I am sure I will come up with more in the next few days. I really want to do a visual to display somewhere but I just need to come up with it. Maybe I will look toward Pinterest for a few ideas.
What are three “Whys” that you have to lose weight this year?