Are you on a weight loss journey? Are you trying to maintain your weight loss? Do you ever find yourself stalled out and having a hard time getting moving again? One thing I like to do is set SMALL goals and when I achieve them, I treat myself to something. I have set goals and have rewarded myself for things like tracking every Weight Watcher Point Plus I eat, exercising at least _____ times per week, losing five pounds, finding myself in a smaller size, or losing inches off my body (make sure you are measuring yourself, you might be losing inches when you aren’t losing pounds!). If you are just trying to maintain, reward yourself every month you weigh in and haven’t gained.
Here are some suggestions as to things you can do to treat yourself with things other than food:
- Get a manicure/pedicure
- Get a massage or facial
- Buy yourself that new book you have been wanting
- Buy that new pair of summer flip flops (to show off that new pedicure you rewarded yourself with five pounds ago!)
- Get a babysitter and go out on a date with your significant other
- Buy yourself a new outfit
- Buy yourself a new gadget you have been wanting
You deserve treating yourself and rewards don’t always have to be with food. Having things to work toward will keep you going on this journey and make it a lot more fun! What else do you do to reward yourself? I would love to hear more ideas!