I NEED to get to goal.
I WANT to get to goal.
I am TIRED of hovering in my weight loss.
SOMETHING needs to motivate me to push past this “plateau” and reach goal. I think I might have found the answer…
I am joining another weight loss competition. Yes, I know I did horrible in the last one. Yes, I know the same person who killed everyone in the last competition is doing this one (Hi, Tony!). Yes, I know I wasted $50 for the last one. Yes, I know…I know…I know…
Guess what I also know…This. Time. WILL. Be. Different.
“How do you know” you ask? Well, I know because my MIND is different. I am mentally prepared for this one. Plus, this one is TOTALLY different!
Here are the rules of this competition:
- Everyone pays $20 to join.
- We are all weighing in on the LAST day of school (May 30). This is our starting weight.
- We all go on our merry way (no pun intended) and have an amazing summer vacation.
- The first day back to school, August 6, we all weigh in for the final weigh in.
- The person with the highest percentage of weight loss over the summer wins.
That’s It! We will not have any clue how the others are doing (Well, they will all know how I am doing if they read my blog but that’s ok). I think the mystery element will help everyone. Most people will assume the others are kickin’ it and will hopefully kick it too! Then, when we all get back in August, we will have lost lots of weight and be feeling great. The winner of the money is just an added bonus!
So, why is this time different for me, you ask? Here are just a few of the reasons why I think this time will be more successful:
- It’s summer and I tend to eat less and move more in the summer because I have TIME!
- I have been off sweets for three weeks now and my cravings are GONE (Big downfall for me!)
- My husband is on board. He wants to see me WIN and is going off sweets and beer for A YEAR! He rocks!
- I AM TIRED OF PAYING WEIGHT WATCHERS $40 A MONTH. Did you get that loud and clear? I want to reach goal so I can attend meetings for free!
All of those things are going to HELP me be successful in this summer weight loss challenge. I am excited and ready to rock it!
What are your plans for the summer? Set some goals for yourself and work hard to achieve them! Let’s all see slimmer “selves” in the fall!
On another note, I am changing my meeting days to Friday mornings for the summer. My weekly weigh in posts will be either Friday night or Saturday mornings for the next few months.