Fall is certainly in the air! The high today in Georgia is only 68 degrees. That is my kind of weather. I went for a nice long run today and as the leaves fell in a shower over my body, God said to me, “It’s ok Jen, I’ve got this!” That was certainly what I needed to hear. My run was amazing and I am ready to tackle October full force.
Here are my October goals:
- Finish Half-Marathon Training – My race is on October 27. I still haven’t decided if I am doing it or not but I will finish the training. More on this later!
- Post a new recipe on my blog every week – I have to try new recipes and put them out there for YOU to try. The problem is I only post recipes I enjoy and sometimes I try some that are not very good. I guess I just need to try more new recipes so I can find some to share! In fact, I am making two new ones this afternoon that I think will be a hit!
- Get back to Church – This one is left over from September. We didn’t make it happen so I am going to continue this goal until it does happen. It is so important for our family and we need to make it a priority.
- Continue with the Weight Watchers Thanksgiving Challenge – I am committed to this challenge and every week Weight Watchers is going to give us something new to do in order to complete the challenge. I am going to commit to what they ask each week in hopes of being successful when I sit down at the Thanksgiving Day table.
- Lose 100 pounds total by Halloween – This one is going to be tough. If I continue with the way I have been in the last few weeks, it might not happen. I would have to lose 14 pounds in the next four weeks. I am just going to have to go full force to try and get there. This is one of my quarterly goals from last month so I have to keep it on here whether or not I feel I can do it. I am just going to have to buckle down and do everything the way I know to do it!
There you have it. My October goals. What are YOUR goals for October?!? Share them so we can all be in this together!
- First, I did finish my half-marathon training and finished my second half marathon. For that, I am so proud. I was very skeptical if I was going to do it or not and I did! Yeah!
- I failed on posting a new recipe every week. I tried a few and I just didn’t like them. I really need to do better with recipes. I know you guys love them and I want to help others eat better. I think I will continue that goal in November.
- We did go back to church once. When we went, we loved it. Hoping to finish the year strong with more visits to church.
- The Weight Watchers Thanksgiving Challenge has still been going well. I did not go to my meeting last week so I am not sure what that challenge was but I will double up this week with whatever last week’s challenge was. Overall, this was a success.
- I DID N OT lose 100 pounds total by Halloween. It just didn’t happen. I am going to sit down in the next week or so and re-evaluate my end of the year goals. I just got off track and need to get re-focused to finish the year strong.
How was YOUR October? Did you set any goals? If so, were you successful?