December is a month where it is mandatory to set your eyes on what you want or it is EASY to fall. December is full of holiday parties, gifts of yumminess, and birthdays. December is a time full of holiday baking and holiday eating. We MUST set a goal in order to try and achieve some sort of success in this month.
Here are my goals for the month of December:
- Track, track, track – This month I would like to track (write down everything I eat) at least five days out of the week. Knowing myself, I know that if I set out to track five days, most likely I will track seven. However, it gives me a little bit of “give” in case I miss a day or two. Tracking everything I eat will hold me accountable to myself and keep me in check with my daily Weight Watchers points plus. Tracking leads to weight loss.
- Try new recipes – This month I would like to try at least one new recipe a week. If I like it, I will share it with you. If I don’t like it, it will not be shared. I need to get some new recipes in my kitchen that are healthy and will help us eat at home more. Plus, you guys seem to like the recipes I share just as much as I do!
- Exercise – Exercise is key to my mind and body. It keeps me feeling successful and will help me in all my other goals. I would LOVE to get up early and exercise before work. However, knowing my past behaviors, this doesn’t happen. So, I will just try and exercise at least four times a week this month. Weekends are easier for me so that is at least two days I know I can get my exercise in. Now, I just need to find two days during the work week to get in the other two days.
- Scale Success – This month, I would like to lose the 7 pounds I gained over Thanksgiving week. That way, I can start the New Year with only 10 pounds to get to goal. I don’t want a monumental weight loss this month due to the holidays but I would like to get back to where I was two weeks ago.
- Blogging – I want to be more accountable to you, my reader. At the end of the day, I would like to give you a report of how I did with my goals, especially the tracking. If I can tell you how I did, I think that will keep me more conscious of what I am putting in my mouth and my exercise.
Do you have goals for December? Please take a few minutes and make some goals for yourself. You will be more successful and at the end of the month, you will be so thankful you did.
What are your goals for December? Let’s all be accountable to one another so share your goals in the comments!