How in the world is it December 1 already? Just yesterday I was writing out my November goals.
Isn’t that how life works? It goes by so, so fast.
This past month was the election. When Obama was re-elected, I remembered back to the time when he was inaugurated for his first term. I was teaching fourth grade and I had just started Weight Watchers to try and lose weight…again. Look how much life has changed in the last four years for me personally. I lost 100 pounds, started this blog, and my whole life is so different.
That is how fast the next four years are going to go by. What will you do in the next four years to make your life better?
Now, in order to be successful, we have to break it down into smaller pieces. We can’t look at the next four years and say we want to lose 100 pounds. It’s too overwhelming. Let’s take it one year, one month, one day at a time, shall we?
We will start with December. Make some goals. Try to achieve them. Learn from them and move on to make the next month better!
Here are my goals for December in order to be successful:
- TOTALLY embrace the new Weight Watchers 360. I don’t know much about the program yet but I have been reading online about it. It looks amazing and I can’t wait to share all the details with you!
- Start a training plan for the Hot Chocolate 15k. I plan to run this race with my dear friend, Sarah. Sarah and I went to college together. She is a great running buddy (she is a natural athlete and LOVES to play tennis). I am going to come up with a training plan and my goal is to stick with it.
- No negative self talk – I went to a meeting last night that talked all about how bad negative self talk is to ourselves. This month, I am going to say what I want, believe it, and achieve it.
- Only have mindful eating – With December comes holiday parties, goodies in the teacher’s lounge, gifts of goodness, and lots and lots of food. This month, I really want to focus on only eating what is WORTH the points plus. I want to be mindful of what I am putting into my mouth. No more just eating because it is there.
What are your goals for December? Remember, this month is going to go by so fast and before we know it, we will be ringing in the new year. Wouldn’t you like to start the new year off NOW being healthy? Don’t wait until January 1 to start. Start now and on January 1, you will be so glad you did.
Share one thing you are going to do this month to live healthier!
UPDATE: Happy New Year! Today I am going to look at setting new goals for January and the new year but before I do that, I have to look at December and evaluate.
- Embrace the new Weight Watchers 360 program – I am still learning it and they are still updating apps and such but I am certainly enjoying the way the plan is looking so far! Score!
- Start a training plan for the Hot Chocolate race – Well…a wrench was put in this plan when my friend who was going to run it with me decided this would be too difficult to run without training before December. So…we decided to do the 5k. Well, then the 5k was full when we went to register. So, no race for us and my exercise has been terrible this month. I will address what I am going to do about that in my new set of goals.
- No negative self talk – This one has been fine. I haven’t really done much negative self talk except get down a little on the bad eating and lack of exercise. I will do better.
- Only have mindful eating – This one was a complete bomb! I ate and ate and ate and didn’t think twice about what it was. FAIL. Have I mentioned that I am thankful for a new year?
Well..I really enjoyed December. Probably a little too much! I am thankful for a new year with new goals and a chance once again to get it right! Thank God for second chances (and a week until I have to weigh in!).
Have a fabulous New Year and start setting some new goals! I know I am!