Fall is certainly in the air! The weather is turning cooler, the leaves are starting to change and pumpkin is back at your favorite, local coffee shops! Have you seen the pumpkin craze going on at your local Dunkin’ Donuts and Starbucks? It’s all over the ads and their signs out front.
“Pumpkin is Back!”
Well, even though fall screams pumpkin, I am officially here to warn you! Whatever you do, DO NOT fall into these Pumpkin Pitfalls!
I was wondering today just how bad it would be if I indulged in a sweet treat! Nothing like a yummy pumpkin muffin from Dunkin’ Donuts or a Cream Cheese filled one from Starbucks. Surely just one wouldn’t hurt my daily allowance of Weight Watchers points plus would it?
YES!!! YES IT WILL!
I set out to get the facts and what I found was astonishing! Check out these stats:
We will start with tasty treats:
- Dunkin’ Donuts Pumpkin Muffin: 16 Weight Watchers points plus. Yep…you read that correctly…16! That is over half my daily allowance. No thanks!
- Dunkin’ Pumpkin Donut: 9 points plus (2 points plus per munchkin!)
- Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin: 11 Weight Watchers points plus…Better but still no thanks!
- Starbucks Pumpkin Scone: 13 points plus
- Starbucks Pumpkin Bread: 11 points plus
Now that you are in a state of shock, let’s move on to the tasty beverages that these two establishments are known for! Just for the sake of time, we will go with Medium size at Dunkin’ and Grande at Starbucks both with cream. You will need to adjust if you do not use cream or if you put additional sugar in your drinks.
- Dunkin’ Donuts Pumpkin Coffee with Cream (Iced and Hot): 7 Weight Watchers Points Plus
- Dunkin’ Pumpkin Latte: 9 points plus
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte, No Whip: 9 points plus
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino: 8 Weight Watchers points plus
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lite Frappuccino: 4 points plus
If you are craving a muffin of the pumpkin variety, try Weight Watchers recipe for Grandma’s Pumpkin Muffins:
Just be aware of the amount of fat and calories you are putting into your body if you do choose to indulge in these treats. With Weight Watchers, it IS possible to have these once in a while. Just make sure you track it and ENJOY EVERY BITE!
Happy Fall, Ya’ll!