I just got back from a cruise on Sunday night. We went for my husband’s brother’s honeymoon. I got to spend the week with my husband, getting to know my brother and sister in law and meeting some new friends. We had a blast. We were on the Carnival Legend making stops in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan, Honduras. There were many things about weight loss I learned on this journey. Here are just a few:
- It is awesome to sit in a plane seat and be able to put the tray table down and have room in between the belly and the tray table. If any of you have ever had a big belly, you know EXACTLY what I am talking about. I talked about fitting comfortably in an airplane seat in an earlier postand this is just another thing to be excited about for airplanes. I was so excited to have room that I even took a picture. Being thinner is more comfortable especially on an airplane.
- When food is around, all the time, it is harder to stay focused on your weight loss. Our cruise not only had food available 24/7 but there was an ice cream machine available at all times. There was also a pizza bar open all the time (pizza is my weakness). Food was everywhere and every kind of food you could think of was available. It is harder to lose weight on vacation anyway but especially on a cruise. Needless to say, I did not lose weight on my cruise. I was scared to weigh in last night but I did anyway. I don’t know how much I gained but I am going to give myself this week to get back on track.
- American’s are FAT and it sucks! Watching people go through the food lines, piling food up on their plate when they are morbidly obese makes me very, very sad. What makes me even sadder was I used to be one of those people. I wish I could help every single one of those people see the potential they have. I have been there and I know how miserable they are.
- It is nicer to have your picture taken when you are thinner. The last time I went to the Caribbean, I was on my honeymoon and I was overweight. I did not want my picture taken. I knew I didn’t look good and I sure didn’t want my fat documented. Now, that I am thinner and healthier, I don’t mind one bit if someone wants to take my picture. I love that!
- Vacations are more fun when you are thinner. I had more energy to do things and go places and I enjoyed the islands. I enjoyed laying out in the sun with a bathing suit on and I didn’t think everyone was thinking, “Boy that lady is fat and should not have a bathing suit on!” I also had more energy to walk around the islands and didn’t get tired and want to sit down. Overall, vacations are more enjoyable when you are thinner and healthier.
It is crazy how since I started blogging, I am more aware of things going on around me that have to do with being healthy. Have you ever been on a cruise? What are your experiences? I am so thankful that we did this cruise. I feel like I know my brother in law and sister in law so much better now and I am excited to get to know them even better in the future. Happy annibirsarymoon to them! Love you guys!