Friday was my weigh in and also my birthday. For my birthday, I wanted to lose weight at Weight Watchers and that is exactly what I did.
I LOST 1.8 POUNDS!
Happy Birthday to me!
My leader, Jacynta, wasn’t there so my sister and I skipped out on the meeting to go shopping instead. After all, it was my birthday!
This week’s Weight Watchers topic was about setting a summer goal. You all know how I am about setting goals. I am ALL about it! I feel like you have to have a goal in mind in order to achieve something. We can’t just go through life saying, “I don’t know HOW much weight I want to lose.” ”I don’t know how many days I want to work out.” If we have a set number in mind, we have something to work towards. Here are some important things to remember when setting goals.
- Have your goals be ACTIONS – Don’t say, “I will lose 5 pounds this month.” Instead, say, “I will track all of my food in order to be accountable for what I am eating.” Instead of saying, “I will exercise more” say, “I will exercise ____ number of days this month.”
- Make them attainable – If you are someone who does not currently work out, don’t make your goal working out 7 days a week. Chances are, you will fail the first week and give up. Make it something do-able like 3 days a week. If you currently work out 3 days a week, make it 5. You want yourself to be successful. Set yourself up with a realistic goal so you CAN be successful.
- Don’t Give Up – If you say you are going to exercise 3 times a week and one week you only exercise once, don’t give up. You didn’t fail at your goal. Make up for it the next week by exercising 5 days instead of 3. Make it an “average” if you have to.
Thinking about those three things, here are my goals for this summer:
- Weight Loss Goal – I would like to lose 10 pounds this summer. I am going do do this through tracking and exercising (see below for specific goals)
- Exercise Goal – I would like to work out at least 5 days a week. I am currently averaging 4-6 so 5 seems quite do-able.
- Eating Goal – I will track at least 5 days a week. I would love to track all 7 but to make a good, attainable goal, I will shoot for 5.
- Blogging Goal – I would like to try more new recipes and blog about them. My goal is to post one new recipe a week.
There are my four goals. I think they are all attainable. What are your summer goals? Write them down so you can be accountable.