Today, I am sharing with you a recipe from Kristen over at Slender Kitchen. She has come up with a recipe with one of my favorites – ALFREDO! Yummo! Can’t wait to try this one out! Thanks Kristen for sharing your recipe with my readers! Don’t forget to use the coupon code HERE to save on a year’s worth of Slender Kitchen meal plans. Happy Hump Day!
This has become one of my favorite quick meals and snacks especially when I am craving pasta. The base is a simple, quick cooked spaghetti squash that is covered with creamy Alfredo sauce made from cauliflower. Everything can be made in under 15 minutes and the resulting meal tastes decadent even though it is almost entirely made of vegetables. To complete the meal, consider tossing in some cooked chicken or shrimp for added protein. The sauce is also delicious on any type of regular pasta and a great, healthy substitution for Alfredo.
Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
Points: 3 Weight Watchers Points plus
Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
Nutritional Info: 105.1 calories, 5.5g of fat, 8.2g carbohydrates, 2.7g dietary fiber, 6.7g of protein
- 1 whole spaghetti squash
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 chopped onion
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fat free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and fresh black pepper
- To quickly cook the cauliflower, add it to microwave safe container with a lid with 3 tbsp of water, the onion, and the garlic. Cook on high for 3 minutes and check. Continue to cook in 30 second increments until it is very tender. Set aside.
- Now begin to quick cook your spaghetti squash. Pierce it all over with a knife to make small slits where the steam can escape. Then place on a microwave safe dish and cook on high for 10 minutes. Squeeze to make sure it is soft, if not add more time in two minute increments. Let rest in the microwave until the Alfredo is ready.
- Take the cauliflower, onion, and garlic and add it to a blender. Pour in the evaporated milk, cheese, chicken broth, salt, and pepper and blend to desired consistency.
- Carefully cut open the spaghetti squash and remove the seeds. Divide the Alfredo between the two sides and serve.