This week, it just hasn’t happened. What hasn’t happened, you ask? EXERCISE!!! Hold on, let me clarify one thing. It did happen once, maybe twice but not like it should. Let me explain…
I have been working out five to seven days a week for the past two months or so. Without fail. Four days was my lowest for a week and that only happened once when my Polar told me to take a rest week. This is how my week went:
- Monday-went to my Weight Watchers meeting at 5:30, got home at 7:00, made dinner and ate. Now, it is after 8:30 and I just didn’t feel like working out that late at night. Monday=what exercise?
- Tuesday-this is my late night of tutoring. I tutor until 6:15. Go home, celebrate with Sushi for dinner (great weight loss week for me and the hubs), don’t get home from dinner until after 8:30, just don’t feel like working out that late. Tuesday=what exercise?
- Wednesday-I was not going to let myself go another day without exercising (and I was VERY grumpy and knew the lack of exercise had something to do with it!). I came home at a normal time, 5:30ish, and got immediately on the treadmill. Dinner could wait (I did prep dinner so it could cook while I worked out). I had a good workout. Four miles in about 55 minutes. I did some interval running and then just speed walked the rest. Tuesday=good exercise.
- Thursday-I got home around 6:30 and WANTED to workout (key word, wanted), I really did. So, I got on the treadmill and put dinner in the oven. When it was done at 20 minutes, I decided I was done working out. I was starving, tired, and just didn’t feel like doing any more. So, I stopped. I had the intention of going later with the hubs. We did go on a short (very short) walk with the dog after dinner but I can’t even count that as exercise. So, Thursday=what good exercise?
- Friday-We decided to go visit my sister. She lives north of us about 25 minutes. I got home from work later than I had hoped so we didn’t get to my sister’s until later. We had planned to walk with her family but we decided to go to a new frozen yogurt shop instead. Yes, we should have chosen the walk. Especially when we tried the fro-yo (blah!). Not so good. Friday=what exercise?
This week, life happened. And you know what? I am OK with that. I don’t feel too guilty. I do feel a little guilty (hence the blog post) but it is what it is and I will be okay with that. I also want you to know that I am human. I don’t have stellar weeks every week. Neither will you. Life will happen. Let is happen and go with it! How was your week? Did it go as planned?
This weekend, I plan to get a good work out in both days to make up for last week. The weather is cool and there are no exer-scuses this weekend! Make it happen!